Monday, February 7, 2011

Slam Cover



I was really excited to create a cover for SLAM magazine and I thought I had a great idea for it. I thought I could use bold colors to create a graffiti type cover. I spent a small amount of time in an alley with my daughter taking pictures of bricks. Funny thing, Friday night at work the topic of discussion with a few of my customers was the best place to take pictures of bricks! I wonder h


ow many people get that excited to have a discussion about bricks! Saturday morning I was in the alley they suggested (sketchy eh?) taking my pictures. There were at least ten different types of bricks, old and new to choose from. A fun morning for me! Anyway, I used these images as a guideline for creating my covers but the one I like best is the one in which you can't see the photo... hmmm. I learned that I am not a graffiti artist but I wish I were, very cool artwork out there! I used Adobe Illustrator to create my artwork and am pleased with the results. I hope I win!

No comments:

Post a Comment